To teach, inspire, and connect Scottish country dance teachers in North America and beyond.
TAC Organizational Objectives
- To train and support all levels of teachers and instructors of SCD within the RSCDS framework.
- To foster high-quality teaching that supports individual dancers and all types of classes.
- To encourage involvement in Scotland's heritage of country dancing by promoting its learning, enjoyment, and sociability.
- To make available and promote resources for reference and instruction, including dance descriptions and recorded music.
- To nurture the development of musicians for Scottish country dancing.
- To facilitate communication and relationships between dance teachers, instructors, supporters, organizations, and musicians.
- To archive and preserve, in an accessible form, TAC's history of supporting Scottish country dancing.
If you are a teacher of Scottish Country Dance having passed RSCDS Teaching Certificate Level 1 (Units 1, 2 & 3 or the Prelim) or Level 2 (Units 4 & 5 or Full), join the group and have access to the full range of services and support that TAC offers.
Where are our members located?
- Canada: 45%
- USA: 43%
- Rest of the World: 12%
Online Surveys powered by SoGoSurvey
TCW Guest Teacher - Graham Donald
Las Palmas, Spain
Graham joined the RSCDS when he was living in his home city of Edinburgh, and he danced with the Demonstration team there for several years. He has also been invited to teach at day and weekend schools across the UK and Europe as well as in Canada, USA, Japan, Australia and New Zealand.
He is very keen on promoting the teaching of Scottish Country Dancing and is currently a member of the Education and Training Committee of the RSCDS.
"I think it is very important for qualified teachers and instructors to continue to develop their teaching skills after they have qualified, and I believe that we can always improve our teaching."
"Dancing is a huge source of fun and friendship and it is always great to meet new friends and renew old acquaintances. I am really looking forward to coming back to TAC once again."
Graham's theme for the weekend is "Beyond the Certificate - Things They Didn’t Tell You About Teaching."