Mission: To teach, inspire, and connect Scottish country dance teachers in North America and beyond.
TAC Organizational Objectives:
- To train and support all levels of teachers and instructors of SCD within the RSCDS framework.
- To foster high quality teaching that supports individual dancers and all types of classes.
- To encourage involvement in Scotland's heritage of country dancing by promoting its learning, enjoyment, and sociability.
- To make available and promote resources for reference and instruction, including dance descriptions and recorded music.
- To nurture the development of musicians for Scottish country dancing.
- To facilitate communication and relationships between dance teachers, instructors, supporters, organizations, and musicians.
- To archive and preserve, in an accessible form, TAC's history of supporting Scottish country dancing.
By 2028, we envision a vibrant TAC that supports a thriving SCD community in North America through additional and diverse events, a sound financial foundation, and compelling membership value.
The following Values Statement highlights the TAC’s core guiding principles and its philosophical ideals. These values are used to both inform and guide the decisions and behaviors of the TAC leadership, its members, and participants in TAC activities.
- The joy of Scottish Country Dancing.
- Teaching Skills: Training, mentoring, and lifelong learning that allows all teachers to lead instructive and enjoyable classes.
- Community: A welcoming community that demonstrates respectful engagement, inclusivity, and sociability.
- Collaboration and Communication: The cooperative and transparent exchange of information.
- Stewardship: The preservation of the history of Scotland's dance and music and their continuing development as living traditions.
- Governance: Effective and responsible leadership to ensure the success and future of the organization.
- Health and Safety: Environments and practices that respect the well-being of participants and support their learning.