Welcome to the Scottish Country Dance Teachers' Association (Canada)
AN UPDATE FROM THE SUMMER EVENTS COMMITTEE REGARDING THE CORONAVIRUS SITUATION
TAC Summer Events for 2020 (TCW, Summer School, and Candidate Courses) have now been canceled and all who had registered have been issued refunds.
We are, of course, saddened by the situation but we are following Provincial and City policies taken to protect our health and safety.
The Summer Events Committee has been in regular communication with Mt. Royal University in Calgary and we are pleased to announce that we will return to that venue in Summer 2021.
TAC supports Scottish Country Dance Teachers and Dancers in North America and throughout the world. We have been serving the dance community for over 60 years and continue to grow and evolve.
- Each year we organize a week-long Summer School with classes open to all levels of dancers from basic through experienced; Summer School is hosted at venues in Canada and the USA in late July or early August
- We offer training for dancers wishing to become teachers
- We offer scholarships to attend Summer School as a teacher candidate, dancer, or musician
- Through TACBooks and TACSound we offer access to dance descriptions and music
- Our outreach program offers assistance to teachers and dancers in isolated locations or who may not have access to qualified teachers
If you are a teacher of Scottish Country Dance having passed RSCDS Teaching Certificate Level 1 (Units 1, 2 & 3 or the Prelim) or Level 2 (Units 4 & 5 or Full), join the group and have access to the full range of services and support that TAC offers.
Where are our members located?
- Canada: 35%
- USA: 40%
- Rest of the World: 25%
Our goals and objectives are to:
- encourage and promote participation in Scotland's heritage of Country Dancing
- promote the highest possible level of approved standards of Scottish Country Dancing
- foster excellence in the teaching of Scottish Country Dancing
- undertake to preserve and disseminate materials supportive of the above objectives
- promote the continuance of the musical tradition in Scottish Country Dancing
- stimulate co-operation between all teachers and dancers