Welcome to the Scottish Country Dance Teachers' Association (Canada)
Some of you will have noticed that the December 2020 issue of TACTalk has not yet been posted on the TAC website. The editor has been dealing with restoration and repairs to her home following flooding earlier this month. We apologize for the delay and hope that the issue can be completed early in January. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
TAC supports Scottish Country Dance Teachers and Dancers in North America and throughout the world. We have been serving the dance community for over 60 years and continue to grow and evolve.
- Each year we organize a week-long Summer School with classes open to all levels of dancers from basic through experienced; Summer School is hosted at venues in Canada and the USA in late July or early August
- We offer training for dancers wishing to become teachers
- We offer scholarships to attend Summer School as a teacher candidate, dancer, or musician
- Through TACBooks and TACSound we offer access to dance descriptions and music
- Our outreach program offers assistance to teachers and dancers in isolated locations or who may not have access to qualified teachers
If you are a teacher of Scottish Country Dance having passed RSCDS Teaching Certificate Level 1 (Units 1, 2 & 3 or the Prelim) or Level 2 (Units 4 & 5 or Full), join the group and have access to the full range of services and support that TAC offers.
Where are our members located?
- Canada: 35%
- USA: 40%
- Rest of the World: 25%
Our goals and objectives are to:
- encourage and promote participation in Scotland's heritage of Country Dancing
- promote the highest possible level of approved standards of Scottish Country Dancing
- foster excellence in the teaching of Scottish Country Dancing
- undertake to preserve and disseminate materials supportive of the above objectives
- promote the continuance of the musical tradition in Scottish Country Dancing
- stimulate co-operation between all teachers and dancers