TAC Summer Events 2022 COVID Protocols and Travel Information
- The Summer Events Committee wants TAC Summer School to be as safe as possible. We are monitoring travel regulations as well as federal and provincial health requirements.
- To this end, all dancers must be fully vaccinated. Please bring your vaccination certificates or copies of them with you.
- Although they are optional, we encourage wearing masks in most settings, particularly while dancing.
- Hand sanitizer will be available EVERYWHERE!
- Participants will be happy to learn that at Mount Royal, indoor air is filtered at the maximum highest commercial level and MERV-13 (the level recommended by health authorities).
- Further information about health measures at Mount Royal is available here: https://www.mtroyal.ca/COVID19/index.htm#mru-health-measures
- Further information and protocols will be announced as we get closer to Summer School and have more precise information.
- For those travelling into Canada from the States or elsewhere, you will need to use the ArriveCAN app, or online, to inform the Canadian government about your travel plans within 72 hours of your arrival: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/coronavirus-disease-covid-19/arrivecan.html
- A new version of the ArriveCAN app was released on April 25th, 2022, so if you travelled to Canada before that date, you would need to update your app.
- Travellers flying within Canada are required to be fully vaccinated. Travellers coming into Canada must be fully vaccinated or spend two weeks in quarantine.
- For anyone returning to the United States, departure testing is still required and is available at the Calgary airport: https://www.yyc.com/en-us/travellerinfo/flyhealthyyyc/covid-19testingatyyc.aspx
- The COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Test (nasal swab) is currently required for entry into the United States, costs $60 CDN (+ GST), and takes 30-60 minutes for results.
- Further information about travelling back to the States is available here: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/before-you-go/covid-19_testing_required_US_Entry.html
- Please check the entry requirements of whatever country you are travelling to after Summer School.
- We strongly recommend that you buy travel insurance.