TAC Virtual Summer School - July 28-31, 2021
Schedule of classes, events, and evening Dance Programmes
Summer Event registration is open as of May 15, 2021
The Summer Events are open to all Scottish Country Dancers. You do not need to be a member of TAC, nor a teacher, to register and participate. No login is required on the home page.
We can't be together this year, but here's a lovely reminder of the 2019 Summer School in Calgary, Alberta
All classes and events are listed in Pacific Daylight Time
A downloadable booklet has been prepared with details regarding the schedule, staff, dance programmes, etc.
Click this link to download the Virtual Summer School Booklet
ALL EVENTS WILL BEGIN AT THE TIME STATED ON THE SCHEDULE. ZOOM LOGIN STARTS 15 MINUTES BEFORE THE EVENT.
Wednesday, July 28, 2021
- 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM PDT Teacher-focused class & discussion with Ron Wallace
- 5:00 PM - 6:30 PM PDT Welcome Dance (6 dances) with recorded music
- 6:30 PM - ??? After-party hosted by Calgary dancers. BYOB and snacks.
Thursday, July 29, 2021
- Noon - 1:00 PM PDT Dance class with Geoffrey Selling
- 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM PDT Social time in breakout rooms
- 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM PDT Interactive class with Lara Friedman-Shedlov. The class will be a Virtual Fête Champêtre. "What do politics in Scotland have to do with French garden parties, and how did Teddy bears get mixed up in this?"
- 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM PDT Musicians in concert with:
Judi Nicolson, Ian Muir, Kathy Fraser-Collins, Fred Collins, Mary Ross, and Terry Traub.
Friday, July 30, 2021
- 12:30 PM- 2:00 PM PDT Interactive class with Marjorie McLaughlin. A presentation on 19th C Dancing Master, Thomas Wilson, with an opportunity to dance in the style of 1816.
- 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM PDT Dance class with Alan Twhigg
- 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM PDT Social time in breakout rooms
- 5:00 PM - 6:30 PM PDT Ceilidh - David Miller will be the MC
Saturday, July 31, 2021
- 10:00 AM-Noon PDT TAC AGM for TAC members who may register here: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZcsce6sqDksHtJuqginxHYBPmLtV7JG3_rP.
- 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM PDT Dance class for all dancers with Ron Wallace
- 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM PDT Evening Ball for all dancers. Music by Tartan Ties
- 7:00 PM - ??? After-party hosted by Calgary dancers. BYOB and snacks.
Evening Dance Programmes
Links to dance cribs, diagrams, and videos are available on the Dance Database:
July 28, 2021 - Welcome Dance https://my.strathspey.org/dd/list/29361/
July 31, 2021 - Ball Programme https://my.strathspey.org/dd/list/29362/
You can download a PDF of the evening programs using these links: