Welcome to the Scottish Country Dance Teachers' Association (Canada)
The TAC Virtual Summer School 2021 Registration is now open as of May 15, 2021
The most important change for TAC members is the new date for the Virtual AGM which will now be held on Saturday, July 31st. There will also be a Virtual Ball after the AGM. We wanted to avoid conflict or overlap with the RSCDS HQ virtual events planned for the third week in July. An email with information on how to register for the Zoom event will be sent to all members.
The Virtual Summer School, which will be open to dancers of all levels, will be held as a series of events from Wednesday, July 28th through Saturday, July 31st. Details of the events and login information have been posted on the TAC website, the Facebook page, and in emails to TAC members and attendees of previous Summer Schools. We look forward to your participation as we are planning a ceilidh, a virtual auction, classes, musical interludes, and interactive events.
TAC supports Scottish Country Dance Teachers and Dancers in North America and throughout the world. We have been serving the dance community for over 60 years and continue to grow and evolve.
- Each year we organize a week-long Summer School with classes open to all levels of dancers from basic through experienced; Summer School is hosted at venues in Canada and the USA in late July or early August
- We offer training for dancers wishing to become teachers
- We offer scholarships to attend Summer School as a teacher candidate, dancer, or musician
- Through TACBooks and TACSound we offer access to dance descriptions and music
- Our outreach program offers assistance to teachers and dancers in isolated locations or who may not have access to qualified teachers
If you are a teacher of Scottish Country Dance having passed RSCDS Teaching Certificate Level 1 (Units 1, 2 & 3 or the Prelim) or Level 2 (Units 4 & 5 or Full), join the group and have access to the full range of services and support that TAC offers.
Where are our members located?
- Canada: 35%
- USA: 40%
- Rest of the World: 25%
Our goals and objectives are to:
- encourage and promote participation in Scotland's heritage of Country Dancing
- promote the highest possible level of approved standards of Scottish Country Dancing
- foster excellence in the teaching of Scottish Country Dancing
- undertake to preserve and disseminate materials supportive of the above objectives
- promote the continuance of the musical tradition in Scottish Country Dancing
- stimulate co-operation between all teachers and dancers